Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge (Remove items on Switch Repo List)

Is there a way to remove items on the Switch Report List? There are directories on this list that are no longer valid and it’s bugging me.

0 Likes

You can manually edit the Local/Session.sublime_session file (while Merge is not running) to edit the list of recent repositories; it’s in a key named recent which (at least in my session file) is up near the top of the file. Unlike the Sublime Text session file, this one is pretty small because it doesn’t contain a lot of state (yet at least).

The location of the session file mimics the similar location in Sublime Text; you can use Preferences > Browse Packages and go up one folder level to find the Local folder if you’re not sure where it is.

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

For future reference (in case others land on this in the future) you may find this session cleaning Python script useful.

More information is available at the link, but in short it can clean up the list of recent items for both Text and Merge; include --dry-run to see what it would do without actually doing anything.

tmartin:dart:~> sublime_session_clean.py --program text
INFO:root:Using Data Directory: /home/tmartin/.config/sublime-text-3/
INFO:root:No missing items found

tmartin:dart:~> sublime_session_clean.py --program merge
INFO:root:Using Data Directory: /home/tmartin/.config/sublime-merge/
INFO:root:Expunging defunct items:
INFO:root:  /tmp/SampleRepo
INFO:root:Expunged 1 item(s)
INFO:root:New session file saved
1 Like

Hi @OdatNurd, thanks for your advice here. Can you be more specific where the Local folder would be? I’ve tried to find it in my home directory and library but I can’t locate it.

0 Likes

From the main menu, go to Preference s -> Browse Packages ... and from there, go one directory up to get to the Local folder.

2 Likes