Sublime Forum

Sublime merge error, cannot find default "Plan text.tmLanguage"

Hey,

Downloaded and opened Sublime merge (latest dev and stable) and was greeted with the following error:
“Error loading syntax file “Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage”: Unable to open Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage”. Following the path, there is no such directory called “Text”. Initially I’ve downloaded it a few times as I thought it may be a corrupted download but to no avail.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Likes

In terms of the Text package, that is stored in a zip file with the extension .sublime-package. It should be in a folder named Packages/ that is a sibling of the sublime_merge binary.

Do you have Sublime Text installed on your machine? It may be an interaction between Sublime Merge and Sublime Text. To test this, you could follow the directions at https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html to move your Data folder for Sublime Text and see if that helps Merge launch properly.

Alternatively, perhaps something is blocking access on your machine? What platform are you on?

0 Likes

Hey,

This problem has now been resolved by downloading the latest build, not sure what the build number is but it’s deffo the latest which I downloaded last night. I’m currently running it on a Mac (Mojave) and yes I do have Sublime Text installed.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

I ran into this as well with Sublime Merge Build 1107 (latest stable from the website) on macOS 10.14.3.

Not only did it throw that error, it also gave me a mostly-blacked-out interface.

To solve:

1. Quit both Sublime Text & Merge
  2. Move the ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text directory somewhere else, and delete Application Support/Sublime Merge
  3. Start Sublime Merge
  4. Move ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text back into place
  5. Quit Sublime Merge & re-open it to validate all is well
  6. Rejoice! :tada:
1 Like

Thank You @jeffbyrnes that fixed my issue also

1 Like