Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge Crushes

Ok, I’m only posting this because of how much I absolutely love Sublime Merge. I’ve been using SourceTree for years for staging up and preparing commit, and largely use the command line for everything else. SourceTree is fine… except performance absolutely stinks.

Why I love Sublime Merge

1. It is extremely fast. I’m seeing filesystem changes reflected almost immediately in the change set list.
  2. I love how closely the workflows mirror the command line interface. This makes it very easy for me to communicate with my team regarding how to perform tasks using either workflow they prefer, e.g. the command line or sublime merge.
  3. Blame and Merge interfaces are great and conflict resolution is very streamlined…

I could go on at some length… but just big fat kudos… Sublime Merge is certainly my goto tool… … and I’ve been a pretty hardcore command line user. .Sublime Merge is actually pulling some of my standard tasks away from the command line.

3 Likes

I would second this. I, too, have been using SourceTree for years. The performance is horrendous, but it does make it easy to quickly see changes to files (though Sublime Merge is better). I’m currently using both tools because I still need SourceTree for creating pull requests to a bitbucket server, but I’ve been using Sublime Merge for everything else. I wish I could completely replace SourceTree with Sublime Merge, but I don’t think I’ll be able to any time soon.

I am encouraged by the frequent improvements to Sublime Merge, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

0 Likes