Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge 2.0

Sublime Merge 2.0 has been released.

It’s packed full of upgrades including a new UI, along with the much anticipated repository tabs.

You can also expect some major rendering performance improvements with hardware acceleration.

You can read more here: https://www.sublimetext.com/blog/articles/sublime-merge-2-announcement

Thank you to all those in our community who have guided Sublime Merge to where it is today!

12 Likes

That’s great!

I am having a Sublime Merge 1 license and using the Dev Channel version. Do I need to upgrade my license? How does it work?

0 Likes

A Sublime Merge license holds for 3 years worth of updates. See the sales FAQ for more details.

1 Like

Error loading syntax file “Packages/Markdown/Markdown.sublime-syntax”: Apparent recursion within a with_prototype action: 25000 context sanity limit hit

0 Likes

do you also have this problem in Sublime Text? what third party packages do you have installed in ST?

0 Likes

Build 2020 does not show up in the dev builds. Is that intentional?

0 Likes

It is, yes; any given build number is either in the stable channel or dev channel, but not both. In this case build 2020 is a stable release and the build number jumped to there from 2011, which was the last dev build before the stable release rolled out.

Generally speaking, when a stable build is released it’s the same as the last development version, but moved to the other channel. Occasionally there are other small enhancements added (presumably to save the time of cutting a dev build first if the change is minor enough) but otherwise you can consider them equivalent.

0 Likes