Sublime Forum

Sublime is unable to load ActualVim plugin

I recently started using vim as my primary text editor so I started looking out for any vim plugins that could emulate vim inside of sublime text. Then I came across a plugin called ActualVim which I thought was good so I installed it using package control.

But after refreshing sublime text the plugin did not allow me to change anything, a cursor appeared and I was not able to edit anything. No key did anything in that window. Therefore I tried to search the sublime forum for possible fixes and came across a similar issue another user had faced but someone came up with a solution to fix it.

I implemented the fix that was suggested but still it didn’t solve the problem even though it solved the problem of the user that raised the issue earlier.
below is the link to the solution that was suggested:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/actualvim-perfect-vim-input-for-sublime-text-3/26301/40

following is the screenshot of the error that is being shown in the console:

Can anyone please help me find out what is the causing the error?

0 Likes

Looks to me like it’s trying to launch neovim in the background. Perhaps you don’t have it installed?

0 Likes

But I have made sure that neovim is installed and a path to its executable is present in the environment variables.
>nvim --version
NVIM v0.5.0-dev+1321-gc57a85d53
Build type: RelWithDebInfo
LuaJIT 2.1.0-beta3

0 Likes

I’ve had the same problem after installing the latest nvim (in my case, 0.7.0). After downgrading to nvim 0.3.8, it now works fine. Hope this helps!

0 Likes