Sublime Forum

Sublime + Golang

I have been using ST since 2007. This editor is so smooth and appealing that I cringe when I am forced to use another. There isn’t a good plugin for Go with Sublime. All existing plugins don’t provide the functionality which the Go plugin for VSCode does. Has anyone successfully configured a Go development environment in ST3?

1 Like

I am not a Gopher.

All existing plugins don’t provide the functionality which the Go plugin for VSCode does.

Did you try LSP for Go? The same applies for other languages.

Or maybe, you have to elaborate the functionality which the Go plugin for VSCode does since here is a ST forum.

0 Likes

I use two things: Gofmt and Goland Build. The first allows you to run gofmt or goimports upon file save. The second allows you to build, run, install, run tests for a given package right inside Sublime, it’s like a build system. It’s an official package from the Go devs.

Honestly, this is enough. There are a couple of more full-featured packages out there, but they seem to be doing a bit too much for my needs, so I haven’t explored them yet.

0 Likes

Thanks for your valuable inputs. LSP for go isn’t working.

0 Likes

I’m a new ST4 user and this post pointed me to LSP. For code completion it seems to be working great, and is more appealing to me then some of the larger plugin bundles. I agree that Gofmt and Golang Build are also worthwhile to install.

0 Likes