Sublime Forum

Sublime blocks files even after closing

Opened files in sublime are blocked from getting deleted or for example file name changes.
While I wish for this behavior to change in general and to just open a shallow copy in cache or an own cache directory (like most modern editors seem to do it) I want to address this as a bug:

Even if a file is closed (within an open sublime instance) the file still is blocked.
There is no reason for sublime to block files that are no longer open in sublime.
If I want to delete or change files that I had open in sublime I will need to close the sublime instance (while I’m working on other open files).

Use case: I’m opening multiple log files and after closing these log files within sublime I want to be able to delete these files in my file system. This is currently not possible since sublime blocks these files.

Sublime: v3.1.1, build 3176

0 Likes

This has been fixed in the dev builds.

0 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. Good to here that this will be fixed in upcoming releases.
Are you referring to files being blocked even when closed in sublime or files being blocked in general?

0 Likes

I’m referring to folders being locked when you open a file within them, even after the file is closed. Sublime Text shouldn’t lock individual files in build 3176.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I got confused and actually my report was regarding folders.
Thank you for the clarification, looking forward to the fix.

0 Likes