Sublime Forum

Sublime 3 loses its license temporarily

Hello,

I am running:
Sublime 3.2.2 3211
on a
macOS Catalina

Sometimes, it loses it’s license, but just for a second. It’s more annoying than anything else.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes

So the license got recovered after doing nothing but just wait a second? No need to restart ST or something?

0 Likes

Just once in a while, every save, it says whatever…somthing like …“trial over, want to buy sublime?”

I just hit escape and save again…

But it does break my rhythm and wonder if it’s a sign of something worse

0 Likes

Can you provide a screenshot of the dialog? Sublime is either licensed or not, unless you manually take the action from the Help menu to remove the license. It shouldn’t bobble back and forth between a licensed and unlicensed state while running (though it’s technically possible for something to block it being able to access it’s license file on startup).

0 Likes

Sure next time…of course my muscle memory is so set to “hit esc and do again” so it might take a while

0 Likes

Here it is:

0 Likes

That’s not a Sublime license, that’s a license for the SFTP package. If you’ve purchased a license for that package and it’s not remembering it, you should raise a support ticket for the package itself.

0 Likes

Thanks. who are they again? Cause it’s beans long. Thanks again.

0 Likes

The link above will take you to a page that has information on the packge, includng who wrote it and where to raise issues, etc.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link. But I have submitted a ticket to codexns.io and have received no reply. I sent an email as well to support@wbond.net, but nada.

0 Likes

You were kind enough of telling me who to ask my OP question to. But neither through webpage, nor email, do they respond to me.

Any suggestions of where I can go, or ask, to check about this problem. I fear at some point. SFTP will just stop working.

Thanks

0 Likes

The only person I’m aware of that could help you in a specific sense is the author of the package, which is what you already tried.

Trying a different tack, your license key and the associated email address for the license should be in your STFP.sublime-settings file, which you can check by using Preferences > Package Settings > SFTP > Settings; you’ll see something that looks like this (maybe with some other settings depending on how you’ve configured the package, below is how mine looks for reference):

{
    // Our license information.
    "email": "youremail@somewhere.com",
    "product_key": "xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx",

// Hide the output panel:
    //  - false  = never
    //  - number = seconds after completion
    //  - true   = always
    "hide_output_panel": 2,
}

If you don’t see those settings, then your license key hasn’t been entered yet. In that case, the email that you got when you purchased your license will have the email and product key lines that you need to add to your settings file. After you put it in place the package should be licensed, but for safety you can also restart Sublime after you put the setting in place.

If you see those settings in place and you’re sure they’re accurate (as reflected in the email) and SFTP still thinks it’s not licensed, that’s definitely something only Will can help you with.

On the other hand, if indeed these settings are being removed from your settings file and reverting the package state back to unregistered, things to look at are:

• Something external that’s modifying that settings file on you, such as a file sync that’s going awry or similar.
  • The Preferences > Package Settings > SFTP > Remove License Key menu item will remove the settings; perhaps you accidentally chose that while trying to do something else like Enable debug mode?
0 Likes

I tried putting this in the license from the email back in 2018…

and now I get this error:

Error trying to parse settings: Expected value in Packages/User/MySFTP.sublime-settings:1:1

And yet SFTP still works???

Getting upset about this…goign to see if they have a number, not that I don’t appreciate you trying to help

0 Likes

That’s a Sublime error that indicates that your settings file is broken. It should start with a single {, end with a single }, and all of the settings in between should appear a "key": value, separated from each other with commas (i.e. they’re JSON files).

0 Likes

I was finally able to get it in the correct file. For some reason I have an SFTP menu and a My SFTP menu, the latter in Spanish. I really don’t recall it being there.

But so far, today…no headaches.

Thanks for your assistance,

1 Like