Sublime Forum

Styling markdown for academic writing, can I selectively change font_size on certain scopes?

I use Sublime for a bunch of stuff, including coding, but also scholarly writing in markdown. Like many others, I use the fantastic MarkdownEditing plugin, along with MonokaiC as a colour scheme. I’m trying to see if I can adapt some of the styling of text to fit the scholarly flow a bit better, in particular to format blockquotes in a more muted way. I don’t want to dim the colour (as many colour schemes do) as it still needs to be just as readable, but I’d rather shrink the font. From what I can tell, however, it doesn’t seem to be feasible to change font size in the colour scheme. Is there another way to selectively change font_size as part of styling text in a Sublime Text 3 window? Very grateful for any suggestions!

0 Likes

Sublime only supports a single font_size per file that you’re editing (as you’ve probably seen, the only things that the color scheme can do are change the colors and apply a bold and/or italic style to the font).

Something that does a markdown preview inline in Sublime by converting the markdown to HTML would probably allow for the font style to change, but you can’t edit the text in that case so that may not be overly helpful.

0 Likes