Sublime Forum

Stop creating 'linters' folders

Ok, this might be obvious, but my google-fu is failing me, and I’m not sure where to start looking. I wasn’t even sure which category to put this in because I’m thinking it’s a sublimelinter issue. But basically, I keep getting these “linters” folders being created with the errors, I just want the errors to show up inline, not create these files. Is there any way to do that? Or anyone have any ideas which direction to start searching in? I’m so sick of deleting these folders.

0 Likes

You should probably start by telling us what linter plugin(s) you’re using.

0 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that, I guess that would help.

The problem seems to be with sass-lint, I get the errors and files in a project where I’m not using sass anyway (in CSS), but hadn’t looked at the file name, so assumed it was all the linters doing this. Looks like the file always being generated is sass-lint.html and it outputs the errors. So I was able to track it down to sass-lint. And i had a .sass-lint.yml file in my home folder it was using. I don’t remember setting that up, but maybe I did or maybe it’s installed by default. That had the output-file option set there.

So if anyone ever finds this in the future look for a .sass-liny.yml file in your system and make sure output-file isn’t set.

0 Likes