Sublime Forum

Status bar text overflow

I have a problem with the SublimeText 3 status bar having too much information from my packages. The problem is that the text gets cutoff. Is there a command or a way to see all of the text in the status bar?

0 Likes

Hey!

Not that I know unfortunatly. But you could do a little program that log every message in the console. I’m pretty sure the command sublime.status_message calls a function in an API, so could do something like this.

def my_sublime_status_message(string):
    print(string)
    # call the API function

I have no idea if it’s safe, I haven’t tried. It’s just if you really want it. You could also suggest a log in the API suggestion forum.

Matt

0 Likes

Hey!

I think you want to log the message at the base: in the sublime.py package. It’s probably in C:/program Files/Sublime Text 3/. Open the sublime.py in ST.

Find the function that is called status_message. If you look 1 seconds, you see that all it does is call sublime_api.status_message. So, here you go, just add a print('status message:', msg), and each time a plugin will show a status message, it’ll be logged!

Notes

• each time you’ll update sublime text, this will probably be overwritten, so you’ll have to add this line again.
  • it looks like that sublime text does not use this function to show a status message, which is good here, because it means that it’s not going to log something each time you save a file.

Hope it helped

Matt

0 Likes