Sublime Forum

ST4 upgrade then Find in Files doesn't work

First, I’d like to say that I didn’t want to upgrade. On purpose I didn’t click the upgrade button, even though a dialog box kept urging me to every time I opened ST3. After a few days, it just upgraded by itself. The same happened with build 4113, only it only suggested I upgrade a couple times before it did it without permission. It’s not the end of the world, but since the first upgrade (from ST3 to ST4) my “Find in Files” search is broken. There’s plenty of times when I KNOW I should be seeing results, and it says nothing found. This is actually one of my most used features, and it has to work, or I’ve got to ask how to downgrade. I’m on Ubuntu 20.04. Please help make the Find in Files feature work for me. Thank you.

0 Likes

The Find in Files search now has a new button for Use .gitignore which, if turned on, causes it to automatically exclude any file that is excluded from tracking via git. So, if you happen to be doing something related to files that fall under that criteria, you may want to turn that off (for example if you’re expecting to see results in node_modules).

Apart from that, without some reproducible sample of what you’re trying to search for that’s not working , it’s hard to say what your issue might be.

0 Likes

Excellent. Yes that was the problem. The odd thing is, at least for my theme, I can barely see the button, and there’s no discernible difference between if it’s on or off. It’s not like the other buttons that indicate current status.

0 Likes

Themes provide the styling for those buttons. Unfortunately that means that when buttons are added they tend to not work visually until the theme is updated.

0 Likes

I understand. Any tips on how I might modify the existing theme? I’m asking because I modified it to get it to where it is now. I’m super picky about my colors because I’m old.

0 Likes