Sublime Forum

ST4: red-orange boxes replace interface elements

After installing ST4, red-orange boxes have replaced some interface elements:

This is the same problem as Sublime Text 4 - tab X, Tab scroll, and page Scroll all red but I’m on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. I tried the solution provided on that page—Remove any Theme overrides you have made in your Packages folder—and it did not work even after quitting and restarting.

0 Likes

[Bug] bug view when updated to latest version Build 4107

That image is the image for a texture in the theme that’s missing, so presuming you’re using either Adaptive or Default as the theme, there’s still an override somewhere that’s causing problems. If you’re not using either of those themes, then there’s an issue with the third party theme that you’re using that needs to be updated to ST4.

Presuming you’re using Adaptive or Default, what’s the result of dropping into the Sublime console (View > Show Console) and entering sublime.find_resources('*.sublime-theme')?

You should see something similar to this.

>>> sublime.find_resources('*.sublime-theme')
['Packages/Theme - Default/Adaptive.sublime-theme', 
 'Packages/Theme - Default/Default Dark.sublime-theme', 
 'Packages/Theme - Default/Default.sublime-theme', 
 ]

You may see other entries if you have other themes installed, but for the built in themes you should only see these three files.

2 Likes

Thank you. That command returned:

[‘Packages/Theme - Default/Adaptive.sublime-theme’, ‘Packages/Theme - Default/Default Dark.sublime-theme’, ‘Packages/Theme - Default/Default.sublime-theme’, ‘Packages/Theme - Default/adaptive/Adaptive.sublime-theme’, ‘Packages/User/Adaptive.sublime-theme’]

and this enabled me to find adaptive/Adaptive.sublime-theme in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Theme - Default. Once I moved the adaptive folder to a different location, the problem was resolved without restarting Sublime Text. Many thanks for the help, OdatNurd!

1 Like

This happened to me again after I restarted my PC. I’m using Monokai Pro theme. I had to remove and install the theme again…This orange thing has happened several times before and each time I had to google for quite some time to fix it…very strange

0 Likes