Sublime Forum

ST4 Printing Support

Does it have a built-in print function?

0 Likes

Sublime Text 4 - Coming Soon

I’m not sure if you’re trolling, but yes it does.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I split this topic off of the ST4 announcement since we don’t need another back-and-forth thread about printing.

There is printing support built in to ST4. We utilize the user’s web browser in the process. We don’t have plans to be implementing a native print dialog in Sublime Text at this point.

1 Like

Wondering/hoping rich cut+paste will work better than today. Today in order to be able to paste theme’d code, it opens into a web browser, where I can then cut+paste that. It works well but I’d love not to have to open a browser window, select it, copy, then close the window.

Anyway - exciting. I was dreading moving to Visual Studio Code and I think ST4 will save me.

0 Likes

I asked the question to determine if I should stay with Sublime Text or not. Lack of this support is a deal-breaker for me, especially if I have to pay for ST4.
The people in charge seem to be very touchy about this topic.
I do not intend to start a flame war. It is a legitimate question IMHO.

0 Likes

I answered your question above.

No one on the ST team is touchy about it, we are just aware that this topic seems to elicit strong responses.

1 Like

The HTML is available from the API so it would be possible to write a very trivial plugin to copy the HTML to the clipboard.

0 Likes

There’s an Edit > Copy as HTML command already in the menu that will copy the current text as HTML to the clipboard, if that’s what you want to do.

0 Likes