though it is disappeared in Default/Monokai.sublime-color-scheme

for the sake of conciseness, for those ones that need to restore the menu bar
goto to
Preferences > Settings

and in the right panel , just add
"themed_title_bar": false,

and save the file

Now my issue.

Together with a missing menu bar, the other issue is that it is missing the status bar

How do I restore the status bar too?

Thank you

2 Likes

Nothing has changed with the status bar. Does it show in safe mode?

0 Likes

hello Benjamin

good hint , how do I start the safe mode?

Thank you

0 Likes

https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/safe_mode.html

0 Likes

Hey,
Great work with going so deep into this.

But sadly it is not working in my case.
I am using gruvbox theme. (I also tried this with agila, but doesn’t work there either).

{
“ignored_packages”:
[
“Vintage”,
],
“theme”: “gruvbox.sublime-theme”,
“color_scheme”: “Packages/gruvbox/gruvbox (Dark) (Soft).sublime-color-scheme”,
“font_size”: 12,
“themed_title_bar”: false,
“disable_custom_title_bar”: true,
}

These are my sublime settings, and as you can see, neither “themed_title_bar”: false works, nor “disable_custom_title_bar”.

Could you help me out here?

Thank you

0 Likes

Check your theme’s settings. In my case, the theme had a specific option controlling the themed bar which was different, as previously there wasn’t an officially defined setting.

0 Likes

The “themed_title_bar” setting needs to be used/supported by a theme to gate certain rules. It might be very likely older themes not to support this setting, thus it having no effect.

0 Likes

The setting needs to be honoured by the theme, which older themes don’t do. Previously this was only possible on MacOS, so this sounds like a theme that is now doing this on Windows as well where previously it would not have.

You can tweak the theme to turn this off; an example can be found in this video:

1 Like

This was a very unfortunate change to spring without explanation, made worse since it appears this feature was not adequately tested.

In Windows 10, pressing Alt did bring up the menu, but it only worked once.

Furthermore, the “Show menu” item appeared as “Hide menu” and did nothing.

And after changing the theme as another user suggested, the menu appeared but didn’t even work–clicking on any menu acted like “New file” command, opening a new empty tab. Restarting SublimeText temporarily fixed the issue, but then the menu disappeared again after using it once.

The timing couldn’t have been worse, too–I had just opened SublimeText in front of a client to recommend my favorite editor. What came up was a broken application. (The client went with VS Code.)

0 Likes

In Windows 10, pressing Alt did bring up the menu, but it only worked once .

Furthermore, the “Show menu” item appeared as “Hide menu” and did nothing.

And after changing the theme as another user suggested, the menu appeared but didn’t even work –clicking on any menu acted like “New file” command, opening a new empty tab. Restarting SublimeText temporarily fixed the issue, but then the menu disappeared again after using it once.

Which version of ST are you running? Does it happen in safe mode? I’m unable to reproduce any of this:

made worse since it appears this feature was not adequately tested.

For reference this feature was tested for many months by a fairly large number of users as part of the private beta for ST4.

0 Likes