Sublime Forum

ST4 - Equal sign showing as hyphen or minus sign

I recently install ST4 portable while keeping ST3 setting. I tried re-installed the packages that I used on ST3 to ST4 include the theme. I start using ST4 and I notice a weird issue. I copy and paste some html code on ST4. For some reason, all the = is now showing as -. Press = key give me - sign as well. But the weird part if I copy to notepad, it is showing the = sign. No issue on ST3 as i passed on it. Is there some setting that causing this?

1 Like

sounds like a rendering issue.

What if you add the following into your preferences?

"font_options": ["gdi"],

or maybe this one

"font_options": ["directwrite"],
0 Likes

thanks for quick response. Thank help along with font size. Somehow Courier New having problem rendering it.

0 Likes

I did it that way, but the lyrics were bad to read

0 Likes

I experienced this same issue upon upgrading to ST4. My font options were as follows:

"font_face": "Monaco",
	"font_options":
	[
		"no_antialias",
		"no_italic"
	],
	"font_size": 9.0,

Changing the font size to 9.1 seems to work around the rendering issue.

0 Likes

I will add that even at size 9.1, the top pixel of the <> symbols is cut off for some reason. It’s legible but looks weird.

0 Likes

Can you share where you got the Monaco font from so that I can try to reproduce the bug?

0 Likes

I’m running macOS Mojave. I believe the font is the version that came with the OS.

0 Likes

Unable to reproduce on macOS 11.4:
screenshot20210621

0 Likes

Never mind, I missed the font options. Am able to reproduce with the no_antialias option.

0 Likes