Sublime Forum

ST4 Build-4126 randomly crashing

After updating sublime to build-4126, the editor is constantly crashing.

Operating system: windows 10

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

Din’t check that.
Can you help me with the steps for the same?

0 Likes

See https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/safe_mode.html

0 Likes

What can be the next step after running the safe mode?

0 Likes

Usually the application should not crash under any circumstances, safe mode or not. Try to perform the same actions in safe mode that was causing the editor to crash in the first place.

0 Likes

In safe mode it is not crashing.
What would be the next steps?

0 Likes

Can you tell what exactly is causing the crash ? The steps I mean.

0 Likes

How can I the see the crashing logs?
Whenever I am launching the sublime, after few min it automatically gets closed (crashed). No error message is shown.

0 Likes

Crash logs are automatically sent to the dev team via their crash reporter. If it does not crash in safe mode & crashes in normal mode, I can only guess that a package must be installed that is somehow causing crash on startup. Try putting all your packages in ignored_packages setting and removing them one by one to try & find out what package might be causing the crash.

0 Likes

This is literally a time consuming.
Can we downgrade the version?

0 Likes

Sure. See https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/previous_versions.html

0 Likes

For downgrading to a previous version of ST4 you can edit the build number in the download URL to the version you desire.

0 Likes

I am Using ST3, will this be a same?
I would be thankfully if someone can help on debugging the exact issue. ( I am licensed user :))

0 Likes

Your post title says that you’re using build 4126; that’s ST4 (the first digit is the version).

0 Likes

Updated.
But what would be the difference :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

I think it doesn’t make sense to be licensed user here.
Will move to some other editor now :slight_smile:

0 Likes

st is moving realy slowly compared to others. very few ppl working on the project and they can’t keep it up anymore. from my perspective, st is slowly dying (and it makes me very very sad) and is already dead in too many areas. I can’t even compare vscode with st. the only reason for me to use st was its simplicity and performance. but I remember notepad++. not sure making it opensource would help it to keep it alive, but that’s not their aim. anyways it realy hurts to see my favorite editor being worse in all aspects and its only advantage being “just works”. if performance isn’t a thing concern or you have a high end machine, then I can’t see why would you use st :(((

0 Likes

Me too. I accepted the update today which Sublime offered. Now it crashes when I launch it :frowning_face:.

Details from the EventLog
Faulting application name: subl.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x655fb165
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000634f6
Faulting process id: 0x5fa4
Faulting application start time: 0x01da4303098deab6
Faulting application path: c:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\subl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 000c2b5f-6a26-440a-aab3-8a207360ed2e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes

Already reported at Sublime Text 4 Does not start and related with latest builds ST4166…4169.

0 Likes