Sublime Forum

ST3 update feature, small bug on Win. 8

Hello,

I just noticed in ST3 Build 3037 (probably before too) on Windows 8 when user folder contains utf-8 character auto-update doesn’t work, regular installation does.

ST3 notifies me about an update and I click on download and then install.

Installation doesn’t finish but instead ST3 trows me an error: Unable to rename C:\Users\Sa?a\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3\Update

Problem is probably in utf-8 character in users folder, it is Saša but for ST3 is Sa**?**a.

If I manually download the file, installation works normal. It’s probably just a small oversight and not so common so I’m reporting it.

Cheers

0 Likes

This is still an issue. I just tried to update from ST 3065, but got “Unable to rename C:\Program files\Sublime Text 3”. So, I’m thinking it might not be an utf-8 character issue, but a more general thing.

0 Likes

I have just been prompted to update the release, and have updated to release version 3083. The version I was previously at (on the website when I originally downloaded in December, from last August? - approx 3063).

0 Likes

me to:
issue followning:
unable rename …
but I have solved the issue.
I would E:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3 move to E:\Sublime Text 3,tjhen to update,it can work.
hope to help you

0 Likes