Sublime Forum

ST3 small font after upgrade to Build 3200

Hello and good day,

i am new to the forum so sorry if i miss or mess up anything :slight_smile:
I am using Debian KDE and used apt-get upgrade sublime-text to get to the new version.
After upgrading the font on my laptop is way to small.
I had fixed this issue by using dpi_scale in older versions but this seems not to be working anymore.
I can fix the text in the editor itself by pushing the font-size but the sidebar or bottom bar is tiny and not affected by my changes.

Any Ideas or is it maybe a known bug or feature ?

Cheers and greetings

0 Likes

little update if someone runs into the same issue:
It seems that with “ui_scale”: 2.0 the problem can be solved.
But maybe its still an issue for the new sublime version that dpi_scale wont have any affect anymore.

Cheers,

0 Likes

As someone who doesn’t regularly use KDE, can you tell me how you set the scaling for your display? I just want to make sure I am replicating your setup.

To address the original question - we got rid of dpi_scale since we are on GTK3 now and should be properly grabbing the scale from GTK.

That said, GTK has integer scale amounts in addition to text scaling. I am looking into KDE to see how we can properly detect this and not require users to use ui_scale.

0 Likes

Hello wbond,

thank you for your answer.
Yeah i also read that with KDE this should be automatic the scaling from GTK.
I dont know if i know what you mean, if i my check Display settings and check scaling i am currently at 1
Some more information on my system:
Display resolution 2560x1440
DPI for font 208
thats all i changed i guess.

Thanks for your effort, have a nice weekend!

0 Likes

Same problem on XFCE, that use GTK2 and somewhere GTK3. On my 11" 1080p laptop I use 1.4x scale and normal 1x scale when connected to tv/other monitor.

For scaling on XFCE I use this command:

xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Xft/DPI -s $dpi

Where $dpi = [96 | 124].

Also on screenshot you can see command for scale on Cinnamon(GTK3) but I don’t test it with sublime 3200.

0 Likes

Hello, I have the same issue on Ubuntu 18.10 (Gnome). I use font scaling (1,2) on my laptop in order to see fonts in normal size. Now its gone in the left panel, I just can’t read filenames.

0 Likes

Yes, we do have a bug in 3.2 that text-scale-factor is not being respected.

0 Likes

All of your previous Sublime Text 3 configurations (installed packages and other adaptations) are automatically restored even after following the above procedure. So you don’t have to worry about the packages to re-install. You will automatically receive these adjustments and packages in the latest version you have submitted as updating through this procedure does not apply to Sublime Text 3 configuration files.
And the issue of font size may b resolve here:https://fontvilla.com/tiny-text-generator/. here you can add custom fonts of your desired seizes
Thanks.

0 Likes