I am using ST3 build 3126 on Windows 7.
My workflow relies on the sidebar to show open files and the project tree structure.
I find with certain projects that the sidebar tree structure gets confused. Symptoms of this are:
- Displaying the same filename more than once even though there's only one copy open
- Navigating to the wrong file when I click on a file (usually it opens another file that's 2 or three names further down the tree from where I clicked)
- Opening files when I tried to expand a folder (related to the previous problem)
- Showing folder icons next to things that are not folders.
- Not responding at all when I click on certain rows
- Showing files in the Open Files list even when there are no tabs left open
I don't know how to reproduce this specifically, but I do know that I tend to encounter this only when doing web development. As I'm a game programmer i usually do not run in to this problem, even though I'm working on a large game project with tens of thousands of files.
But as soon as I start working on a web-dev project the tree seems to go haywire. If I had to guess I would assume that it has something to do with the deep folder structures of node_modules and/or symbolic links that npm seems to create.
I would love it if this bug could be solved or if there's some workaround that I can use to prevent it from happening.