Sublime Forum

ST3 + SFTP Plugin - Files get deleted on program exit

Hello,

I’m using ST3 on Windows 7 X64 along with the Sublime SFTP plugin from Wbond.

When I installed everything about 6 months ago I was really happy with the setup because I could load all the files I needed via SFTP, close the editor, even reboot the computer.
When I started ST3 I still had all the files open I could edit and upload the files without any problems, I had files open for months in my editor.

A few days ago ST3 started to delete the temp files created by the SFTP Plugin when the program was closed so on the next start all remote files were closed in the editor as well.

What could cause this? This really bothers me since I now have to load all the files I every time I start the editor.

0 Likes

I’ve got the same problem :cry:

Any solutions out there?

0 Likes

[quote=“Univerze”]I’ve got the same problem :cry:

Any solutions out there?[/quote]

Did you notice any changes that could cause this like a Program or Plugin update?

I already emailed wbond but I didn’t get any reply so far.

Reinstalling the plugin didn’t help

I suppose this is caused by the plugin itself.

I loaded a file via ftp, closed sublime text 3. The file was gone.
Then I loaded a file via ftp, uninstalled the plugin and closed the program. The file was still there. When I re-installed the SFTP plugin and closed ST, the file was gone.
So I think the plugin causes the changes.

And here’s the strange thing: According to the website the last update of the plugin was 2/7/14.
However the plugin was working perfectly fine until just a few weeks so why did it change all of a sudden? I don’t really see a reason there.

0 Likes

It is not caused by the plugin, but Sublime Text 3 itself. Any build past 3065 will do that. I haven’t found a solution in newer versions - did not really have time.

Could have something to do with

although looks redundant, there could be some incompatibility issues. shrugs

The only workaround I figured was to limit the updates and use Build 3065.

0 Likes

No sorry, didn’t notice anything.

0 Likes

[quote=“Leso”]It is not caused by the plugin, but Sublime Text 3 itself. Any build past 3065 will do that. I haven’t found a solution in newer versions - did not really have time.

Could have something to do with

although looks redundant, there could be some incompatibility issues. shrugs

The only workaround I figured was to limit the updates and use Build 3065.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply! Could you tell us how to downgrade ST3 without loosing all the config files and how to limit the updates?

//EDIT: Actually this annoyed me so much that I just re-installed everything, works like a charm with 3065. Any method to get rid of that new version window every time I start the program?

0 Likes

It’s easy. Go to Preferences -> Settings - User and add the following option:

"update_check": false,

And yes, you have to reinstall an older build for that workaround.
The config files should be left intact, but do a backup just in case. For Win7/8 they are located at C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3, though can’t really tell for other OS.

0 Likes

This still seems to happen with the most recent version of ST3, is there any solution to this yet?

0 Likes

Is there a solution to this yet?

The most recent version of ST3 seems to keep the files if exited via File > Exit on Windows but the files still get closed when the X button is pressed.

0 Likes