Sublime Forum

ST3 Perpetual License Keeps Getting Removed After Purchasing ST4 License

#1

Title: ST3 Perpetual License Keeps Getting Removed After Purchasing ST4 License

I recently purchased a Sublime Text 4 license using the same email address associated with my existing Sublime Text 3 perpetual license.

However, I’m still running ST3 on a separate PC using my original perpetual license, and I keep receiving the following message:

’Your license key is no longer valid and has been removed.'

Why is this happening? My understanding is that my ST3 perpetual license should remain valid indefinitely, regardless of whether I purchase an ST4 license.

These are two separate installations on different computers, and I would expect the licenses to remain independent of each other.

Does purchasing an ST4 license automatically invalidate an existing ST3 perpetual license simply because they share the same email address? If so, why?

I would appreciate some clarification on this, as I should still be entitled to use my original ST3 license.

0 Likes

#2

Upgrading a license means replacing it by a new one providing access for more recent releases. The new license covers all prior builds and can therefore be used for ST3 as well.

0 Likes

#3

Thank you for the clarification.

Just to confirm, if I had clicked Buy instead of Upgrade , would I have received two independent licenses (my original ST3 perpetual license and a new ST4 license) under the same email address? Or is your system designed to automatically upgrade an existing license whenever a new license is purchased using the same email address?

I believe my original intention was to purchase a separate ST4 license while retaining my existing ST3 perpetual license.

If that is possible, would I be able to pay the additional $19 difference to convert my recent upgrade into a separate ST4 purchase, allowing me to retain both licenses independently?

0 Likes

#4

According to chapter 1 of https://www.sublimehq.com/eula you can legally use your personal license for all ST installations on any device or operating system.

If you still want to separate them, you’d probably need to contact sales@sublimetext.com.

1 Like