Sublime Forum

ST3 - Menu missing on Linux (not Toggle Menu "issue")

Hi,

I have some …inconvenience. Menu in SublimeText is missing - but this is not the “Toggle Menu” issue but rather something with libraries.
I did some strace during ST3 launch - not very helpful. What is funny, that I can still press: Alt+F or Alt+V and get the menu (then with arrow left/right jump through whole menu) but the main menu above editor cannot be displayed.
Resetting whole ~./config/sublime_text_3 didn’t help.

Tech spec:
Sublime Text 3 build 3103 (registered)
Linux: openSuSE Tumbleweed (updated) 64bit
Desktop: Plasma5 (just default Tumbleweed repos and settings)

Any hint how I can debug ST3 during launch and look what is missing in system? On ST console there is nothing useful about loading system libraries (or errors).

Regards

0 Likes

This sounds like the same problem I’m having. Did you ever get this resolved? What makes you think there is a libraries factor at the root of it?

0 Likes

This was fixed accidentally during some system upgrade. Probably this was fault some old GTK library (libpango, libcairo - something like that) which wasn’t upgraded correctly. Also I had some missing default theme files for GTK (I’m using mostly QT apps so this was only problem in SublimeText).
You should try: strace -o strace-result.txt sublime_text && grep ^open strace-result.txt and check every line with description ENOENT (No such file or directory).
It was really awkward error but it solved suddenly in around December 2016 so I just forgot about it. Sorry for not being more helpful.

0 Likes

Thanks. Makes me think there is some hope. I can definitely try your diagnostic.

0 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Pretty sure it lead me to the solution, even though I’m not sure I understand it.

0 Likes