Sublime Forum

ST3 log location

hi guys. i’m currently running ST3 “stable” channel build 3059 on mac os x 10.9.2.

i’ve started experiencing intermittent hanging in the last couple of months after which i have to kill ST3 manually in order to continue working. i’d like to figure out why, but can’t find any information anywhere on a log file location for crashes (or in general). i couldn’t find anything very useful in the context menus in ST3, OS X’s console app, or the ST3 console (via ctrl + `; it clears itself on restart).

the only debugging instructions i’ve found online call for disabling/removing all packages and essentially resetting my ST3 experience back to zero. this isn’t really an option for me as i’ve gotten used to all these packages and need them for my workflow. also, if i did debug that way there would be no way to know whether the package i’m enabling is the cause of a crash as the time til crash is non-deterministic since i’m not sure what’s causing it exactly.

surely this kind of stuff is logged somewhere on disk, but where?

thanks,
justin

0 Likes

bump?

0 Likes

bump

0 Likes

Don’t ever ever EVER post a list with installed packages. Surely won’t help spot a bad plugin!

Did you noticed a pattern on crash? E.g. saving when having multiple cursors, switching project when find is opened, etc ?

The editor crashes or hanging (and recover after a while)?

0 Likes