Sublime Forum

ST3 lagging/freezing when hitting ctrl+S

All of the sudden ST3 is now freezing for 1-2 seconds when i save any type of file.
it is ver 3.2.2 build 3211 (i think it’s the latest update).

edit: the folder in AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3 is 250MB, should it be this big?

0 Likes

Possible reasons for this include using a network file share or other remote file system that’s a little slow as well as third party packages that might be doing something untoward (or a wayward plugin in general).

Assuming the disk is not the problem, after this happens a few times you could use Tools > Developer > Profile Plugins and check the report to see if anything is using an on_save, on_post_save or on_pre_save event handler that looks like it’s taking a lot of time, which might point out where the delay is occurring.

Alternatively you can try reverting to a fresh state (see this video if you’re not sure how to do that) temporarily to see if the problem persists or not.

Since you’re on Windows you can also download and try out the portable version to see if it also exhibits the same behaviour or not without having to disrupt your usual setup; if you run a Portable version (make sure Sublime isn’t running first) it will not use your normal settings.

The size of the folder shouldn’t having a bearing on this I would think; for example on this machine mine is 788MB. It’s mostly a factor of how many packages you have installed and things of that nature.

0 Likes