Sublime Forum

[ST3] indexing: failed to join process 7712

I wonder what are these indexing: failed to join process messages and if it means that something doesn’t works as expected ?

indexing [queue 1]: spawning 4 workers to process 541 / 541 files indexing: failed to join process 7712 indexing: failed to join process 6004 indexing [queue 1]: indexed 541 files

0 Likes

:question:

0 Likes

There should be two reasons why this could happen:

• The process has exited unexpectedly early, such as it has processed all the files before the controlling thread begins to wait on it. This may happen, for example, if all the files scheduled for the worker are .txt files, which it would skip.
  • The process has exited unexpectedly, perhaps because it crashed, or for some other reason, such as it was unable to open the shared memory etc.

From your output, where this occurs to two of the 4 workers, then it’s either case #1, or there are two files of death out of the 541 that crashed worker process that tried to index them. Perhaps the Windows event log captured the crashes, if indeed that’s what occurred.

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer.
Nothing in the event log.

I’ve a lot of this message, but my project have a lot of files (but not a lot of .txt).
I still suspect it’s the case #1.

0 Likes