Sublime Forum

ST3 Goes Unresponsive When Running Multiple Python Scripts

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I have searched to no avail…

I’m running ST v3.1.1 with Python 2.7.13 on Windows 10. I have some python programs that run for quite a long time, and I used to be able to do other development and run other python programs in a separate ST window while one of them was running in an ST window. Now, if I have a python program running in one window and I try to run another from a separate window, all the ST windows go unresponsive until I kill python.exe or wait for the original program to finish.

I’m not certain what change could have caused this shift in behavior. I think it coincided with my transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. It seems to have something to do with ST not spawning multiple instances of python to run the separate programs.

0 Likes

What does your task manager say cpu usage is during these times?

ST3 does have a lot of slowdowns when certain addons are used - but it should have its own Python environment so it is likely an issue with the computer being slower…

Windows 7 uses a lot less resources than Windows 10, and 10 also pre-caches a lot of programs into memory for quicker loading when booted.

What are your specs?

0 Likes

CPU usage is just a bit over 25%, with python.exe using one core of the processor fully (25%), plus presumably the overhead stuff using small bits of other cores. Before whatever changed that caused this I would get multiple instances of python.exe running on separate cores, but that’s not happening anymore.

Resources on the machine are not the issue, there are free cores and free memory when this happens (it’s a 32gb machine).

0 Likes