Sublime Forum

ST3, Dev Build 3156: Command Palette Problem

Hi,
I was offline for quite a while, but today I installed the latest dev build. And with that, I have s small ‘problem’ concerning the command palette!

The old behaviour was as follows:
when the command palette was opened using Shift+Ctrl+P, the previously entered command was selected, so one could either hit enter and execute the command, or one could directly enter a new command, overwriting the old one (because the text in the text box was already selected).

The new behaviour is as follows:
On Ctrl+Shift+P, the command palette opens, and the previous command is still there, but the text is not selected, and the cursor is at the end of the line. So one could execute the previous command with pressing enter, but it is not possible to directly overwrite the old command, one has to press backspace first several times.

Is it possible to fix this somehow, or am I the only person who is absolutely annoyed by this new behaviour?

0 Likes

This is a known unintentional regression in the latest dev builds and should be fixed in an upcoming dev build.

In the meantime, apart from rolling back to a build prior to when the regression was introduced, you can also either close and then reopen the command palette, or do a select_all once you open the command palette to select the previous command.

This last solution can be automated by creating a temporary key binding using the Chain of Command to first open the command palette and then run the select all command.

More information on this (including a link to a pre-made key binding) is available in this forum post:

0 Likes

Thank you.
Today, I got the update and it is fixed.

Many thanks @wbond and @jps.

0 Likes