Sublime Forum

ST3 bug: Find, Quick Add Next, and case variance

Given the following content:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Lorem
quis nostrud lorem ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea
consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in 
cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. LOREM sint 
proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit.

If I select the first “Lorem” and use “Quick Add Next” three times, I successfully select all four instances of lorem as expected.

If I use Find, with case sensitive mode disabled (in other words, doing a case-insensitive search) from the beginning of the text to search for “lorem” (or “Lorem” or “LoReM”, etc.), the first instance gets highlighted as expected. If I then use “Quick Add Next” three times, all four instances of lorem do not get selected as we would expect; the last instance of “LOREM” will never be selected, regardless of how many times I “Quick Add Next”. Repeating “Quick Add Next” starts to toggle selection of the instance of “lorem”.

Worth noting that:

• doing a case-sensitive search and a “Quick Add Next” still behaves as it should;
  • doing a case-insensitive search and then using “Quick Find All” behaves as it should;
  • doing a case-insensitive search and then using “Quick Find” behaves as it should.

The bug only presents when doing a case-insensitive search and then using “Quick Add Next”.

This is on build 3143 on macOS 10.12.6 (16G29). I’m happy to record a video of the behavior if that would be helpful.

0 Likes