Sublime Forum

ST3 and FTP editing on Ubuntu

Are there any known issues connected to ST3 being beta here? Attempting to edit files over FTP (via “Connect to server” in Nautilus) opens the files, but leaves me unable to save the file and gives a warning: Unable to save /run/user/1000/gvfs/ftp:host=…php, Error: rename(/run/user/1000/gvfs/ftp:host=…tmp, /run/user/1000/gvfs/ftp:host=…php) failed, errno: 5.

gedit does the job just fine without throwing any warnings.

0 Likes

Have a same problem on Sublime Text 2 and Sublime Text 3 (3047).
Periodically when I press Ctrl+S Sublime just freezing until remount ftp.

0 Likes

Bump.
I too am having issues with the gvfs on Sublime. I am mounting over sftp using nautilus / gvfs and when I browse those remote mounted folders listings are slow and the command GoTo Anything is useless since sublime does not know about files deep in the directory structure of the remote mount.

:question: Does anyone have a gvfs workaround ?

This is the only thing keeping sublime from being my editor of choice.

0 Likes

If you get disconnected, it’s a bug on gvfs not Sublime, and the fix is to run this script, which prevents FTP from disconnecting

#!/bin/bash while true do echo -n - ls ~/.gvfs/FTP* &> /dev/null sleep 15 done

Just save this file and “chmod +x” it, then call it from the terminal, then throw that terminal window in an unused workspace.

I must Thank:
Daniel Scholtus (sdeonline) for the script: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/410288 (comment #35)

0 Likes