Sublime Forum

ST2 crash when graphics card switches

Hi all,

I can’t reproduce this 100% of the time, but it’s happened twice now. I have ST2 running in the background (OSX 10.8.2 on 2012 MBP 15" Retina (10,1), ST2 build 2220) and am using Safari with integrated graphics. When I go to a webpage that triggers discrete graphics, ST2 crashes. I’ve attached a zip of the crash log since extensions .crash and .txt aren’t allowed as attachments here, apparently.

Sublime Text 2_2013-02-05-094341_schroeder.crash.txt.zip (18.6 KB)

0 Likes

Updates for the stable Sublime Text

This isn’t something I’ve been able to replicate, at least not when switching graphics cards via gfxCardStatus

As a workaround, you can disable usage of opengl, via adding “gpu_window_buffer”: false to your preferences, however this will slow things down.

This may be fixed in Sublime Text 3, as the OpenGL usage is fairly different there.

0 Likes

FWIW it’s inconsistant and I was never able to reproduce it by manually switching with gfxCardStatus either, but it would happen every now and then as some other app made the switch.

And it also appears to be fixed in ST3 as it hasn’t crashed like that a single time for me.

0 Likes