Sublime Forum

ST stopped remembering syntax ater update (Build 3103)

I updated to build 3103 last night, everything was fine. Today, I started working on a Rails project and noticed it was not applying the “HTML (Rails)” syntax highlighting to .html.erb files, it said only “HTML”.

I set it to “HTML (Rails)” manually and the syntax highlighting works as expected. However, any new .html.erb files will not have the correct syntax applied accordingly, and if I close and reopen the files, or ST, they will again have the base “HTML” syntax defined and applied. Going through View > Syntax > Open all with current extension as... also makes no difference. Files with the .erb extension, on the other hand, work normally.

I renamed the ST data folder from my user profile and opened ST again, so it would create a new one, but nothing changed.

I found a similar thread and someone suggested this:

One thing to note: .tmLanguage is now deprecated, so you might want to switch to the new language (you can easily convert you syntax to the new one with the menu tools -> create new syntax from xxx : it appears if your current open file is highlighted by your syntax file).

However, no “create new syntax from” command seems available to me. In any case, this was reported not to work.

Any ideas?

0 Likes