Sublime Forum

ST + SM: UI Size not preserved when reopening

Win 10 x64

Since I’ve installed Sublime Merge along Sublime Text, I’ve noticed that when I reopen either of them they don’t preserve the UI size as it was when I used them last time.

Usually I work with Sublime Text’s window maximized, and in all these year I’d always find it as I last used it whenever I reopened ST.

Since I’ve installed Sublime Merge too, I start noticing that neither of them are preserving the maximized window when reopening. Actually, I think this started to happen after the last Win 10 update, but I’m not sure because I had installed Sublime Merge just a couple of days before the update, so I’m not 100% sure — but I think I would have noticed this issue straight away.

Another source of the problem could be multiple desktop usage: I usually open ST in the main Desktop, and then SM in a secondary Desktop so I can switch between editing and Git operations quickly.

I think that it might have to do with some settings ending up shared by the two apps, because they both start with the same window size, instead of the last used size.

0 Likes

ST update 3180 fixed the issue for ST, but Sublime Merge still doesn’t preserve UI size at startup.

0 Likes