Sublime Forum

ST 4171 completely stuck after opening

I updated to 4171 because one of my plugins was running into the “api not available” issue.

Sublime now gets stuck while/after loading plugins with a beachball of death (MacOS). No errors, I can just see it loading plugins (I tried uninstalling/deleting the last plugins that showed in the console, but that didn’t help).

I can start in safe mode, but can’t open my regular sessions. Help. :frowning:

0 Likes

Quick note: because I couldn’t add multiple images while posting. I did remove another package that I was suspecting and the editor now worked until Package Control decided to update it:

I’m going to try to get rid of this package completely somehow …

0 Likes

You can downgrade to a previous version by downloading 4168 from https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/previous_versions.html.

We’re working on fixing this issue.

0 Likes

Thanks. It turns out it seems that “UnitTesting” is the broken package, once I removed it so that PackageControl didn’t reinstall it, ST is unstuck now.

0 Likes

I upgraded to 4172, which the release notes say has a fix for package deadlocking, but I was still seeing the hang-on-launch as well.

11  api_helper::api_plugin_host_loaded_plugins(std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<object_id, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char>>>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<object_id, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char>>>>> const&) + 496 (sublime_text + 784356) [0x1020fb7e4]
  11  bool wait_for_reply<int>(shm_bundle*, reply_entry*, int*) + 76 (sublime_text + 824936) [0x102105668]
  11  shm_read(shm_channel*, string_buffer*, int, long long) + 48 (sublime_text + 1109764) [0x10214af04]
  11  sem_wait + 8 (libsystem_kernel.dylib + 67892) [0x18a40f934]
 *11  ??? (kernel.release.t6000 + 31396) [0xfffffe0008533aa4]

I’m on macOS Sonoma 14.1.2. No hang when launched in Safe Mode. I downloaded 4169 and everything is fine again. If it would be helpful to determine which package(s) is/are at fault, I can try a binary search with 4172.

"installed_packages":
	[
		"AutoFoldCode",
		"Babel",
		"Case Conversion",
		"ChannelRepositoryTools",
		"ClearConsole",
		"Color Highlight",
		"Decent Swift Syntax",
		"Dockerfile Syntax Highlighting",
		"DotENV",
		"Fmt",
		"FoldFunctions",
		"GitHubinator",
		"Hooks",
		"isorted",
		"Jinja2",
		"JSCustom",
		"JsPrettier",
		"LoremIpsum",
		"LSP",
		"LSP-css",
		"LSP-json",
		"LSP-pyright",
		"LSP-rust-analyzer",
		"LSP-svelte",
		"LSP-tailwindcss",
		"LSP-terraform",
		"LSP-typescript",
		"LSP-yaml",
		"MCFunction",
		"MDX",
		"NeoVintageous",
		"Package Control",
		"PackageDev",
		"Project Specific Syntax Settings",
		"python-black",
		"SaneSnippets",
		"Sass",
		"ScopeHunter",
		"Show Character Code",
		"Svelte",
		"Switch Window",
		"Tailwind CSS",
		"Terminus",
		"Terraform",
		"TOML",
		"Typora Markdown App (OSX)",
		"VimL",
		"Virtualenv",
		"Wrap Plus",
	],
0 Likes

Build 4172 hangs on start-up / MacOS

I had the same lockup, until Build 4172 solved it (AUR). Thanks!

0 Likes