Sublime Forum

Spellcheck meta tag description specific not working Sublime 4

Hi,

How do I get spellcheck working in the meta tag description specific of my website in Sublime Text 4?
In the preferences I can set it as meta.tag but it it works on every line of code on the page:

"spelling_selector": "markup.raw, upercase, source string.quoted - punctuation - meta.preprocessor.include, source comment - source comment.block.preprocessor, -(source, constant, keyword, storage, support, variable, markup.underline.link, meta.tag), meta.tag, text.pug",

Regards,

David

0 Likes

If you look at the scope of the content attribute of the <meta name="description" tag, you’ll see that it doesn’t get assigned a special scope by the HTML syntax definition, and thus can’t be targeted specifically for the spelling selector:

you may choose to use a scope selector like meta.tag.inline string.quoted.double.html, but that may be too broad and flag up lots of false positive spelling errors.

My suggestion is to log an issue at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages requesting this attribute on the meta description tag would be given a specific scope, because being able to spell check it seems like a good idea.

1 Like