Sublime Forum

Spell check - OK on OS X, not working on Linux

I’m using ST3 build 3126 both on my OS X system as well as on a VM with Ubuntu. The German spell check works as desired on OS X. On Ubuntu, I’ve set up everything as described in https://github.com/titoBouzout/Dictionaries, but even though the German dictionary is selected from the View > Dictionary menu, every single word is marked as incorrect. No correction suggestions are provided for any of the words, and trying to add a word to the user dictionary causes the editor to freeze.

I’m rather certain I’m missing something obvious here, but what could it be…?

0 Likes

sounds like you might be experiencing this bug:

which would indicate it can’t find the dictionary you specified or it is somehow corrupt. Are there any errors in the console? (I can’t remember offhand if ST will log a message about missing/corrupt dictionaries or not)

0 Likes

Thank you. Upgrading to the current dev release removed the marks altogether, but also brought the message “dictionary … not found” to the console (might have been there before the upgrade - forgot to check that). To complicate matters, while my global preferences did point to the correct dictionary location, I had a .sublime-project file in place which I totally forgot about - that still pointed to the old path…

0 Likes