Sublime Forum

Specific line number (not code) causing syntax error in LESS?

Just updated to Sublime stable build 3124, and I’m using the Less2Css compiler. Before the update, I would save my LESS file and it would update a corresponding minified CSS file as expected. When I try to save now, I get the following error:

SyntaxError: Value requires an array argument in /Volumes/EKR/betterbodyfoods/wp-content/themes/betterbodyfoods/less/main.less on line null, column 0:
1 @lightGreen: #839e8e;

Here are the first few lines of my LESS file. The second line is the one being cited in the error. (This is how they were before I started getting the error, too.)

@primaryGreen: #a5ce3a;
@lightGreen: #839e8e;
@menuGreen: rgba(53,85,65, 0.96);
@menuYellow: rgba(248,193,63, 0.96);
@bodyColor: #355541;

I’ve tried giving @lightGreen a different value. I’ve also tried commenting out the entire line, as well as combining the problem line into the first line, like this:

@primaryGreen: #a5ce3a;@lightGreen: #839e8e;
@menuGreen: rgba(53,85,65, 0.96);
@menuYellow: rgba(248,193,63, 0.96);
@bodyColor: #355541;

In which case I get the same error about the same line, even though that line has been changed:

SyntaxError: Value requires an array argument in /Volumes/EKR/betterbodyfoods/wp-content/themes/betterbodyfoods/less/main.less on line null, column 0:
1 @menuGreen: rgba(53,85,65, 0.96);

Does anyone have any idea about what might be causing this error, and how I might fix it? I’ll be glad to give follow-up information where needed, of course. Thank you!

0 Likes

Solved. Of course it was a typo later in the less file.

1 Like