Sublime Forum

[solved] Unable to install packages from package control

I’ve not normally had any problems installing packages from package control, but today I’m getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "package_control.package_installer in /home/ian/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package", line 154, in on_done
File "package_control.package_disabler in /home/ian/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package", line 76, in disable_packages
ImportError: No module named 'package_control'

I’m not sure what has changed. I did recently install build 3126, and I think this is the first time I’ve tried installing a package since then … but that might be just a coincidence.

System info:

Platform: linux-x64
Sublime Text Version: 3126
Package Control Version: 3.2.1
0 Likes

OK, it’s definitely not to do with build 3126, because I just uninstalled ST3 and re-installed the 3124 build. Same problem.

0 Likes

The location that Sublime keeps your user preferences in is (for Linux) ~/.config/sublime-text3, so uninstalling and reinstalling sublime has no effect on your settings or any installed packages. From the sounds of your problem, package control itself is messed up somehow.

You might try saving a backup of that location, reverting to a freshly installed state and then reinstalling PackageControl. Once that’s done if you copy the rest of your settings over from the backup, the settings file for PackageControl will automatically download and install all of the packages you had installed previously

0 Likes

OK, thanks, I’ll give that a try.

0 Likes

And indeed, blowing away my configuration and starting from the freshly installed state has solved the problem. I wasn’t able to copy over much of my previous configuration (I tried to do so, but doing so caused the original problem to manifest again). But just re-installing my ST3 plugins from scratch has got me back to my original setup, more-or-less.

0 Likes

did not work for me, I removed my user appdata folders, sublimetext restarted freshly

installed package control, and when I tried to install a package :

File "package_control.package_installer in C:\Users\pflorent\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\Package Control.sublime-package", line 154, in on_done
  File "package_control.package_disabler in C:\Users\pflorent\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\Package Control.sublime-package", line 76, in disable_packages
ImportError: No module named 'package_control' 

using build 3083

0 Likes

why such an old build?

0 Likes