Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] Bracket highlighting on Linux

[EDIT] Solved, PEBKAC.

Hi,

First off, this is an amazing editor. Very impressed - thanks for your hard work on this project.

I’m seeing an issue on Ubuntu where bracket highlighting is behaving in a strange way. I have spoken to members in IRC, as well as confirmed myself, that this issue is not present on OSX. We have also confirmed this is not a theme issue, as it is present on multiple themes.

See the following screenshot:
gyazo.com/23afc0433d435e11fdb816446b2f2bbe

This is my User/Base File settings. As you can see, all of the bracket matching is set to false. Still, brackets are highlighted with an overlay of sorts (the orange color). The highlighting occurs contextually based on cursor placement, so I’m guessing it is related to the “match_brackets_content” setting.

Is there something I am missing? Can this highlighting be disabled in some way? I’m finding that it is distracting when moving around a document.

Thanks in advance, please let me know if you need more information.

0 Likes

This is not an issue with Linux.

You have either the BracketHighlighter plugin or the SublimeBrackets plugin installed. That is why you are seeing the colored overlay highlighting the brackets. These are plugins designed to make bracket matching stand out more which is apparently what you do not like, so I would just uninstall them or, depending on which plugin you have installed, change the settings to a lower profile setting.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]This is not an issue with Linux.

You have either the BracketHighlighter plugin or the SublimeBrackets plugin installed. That is why you are seeing the colored overlay highlighting the brackets. These are plugins designed to make bracket matching stand out more which is apparently what you do not like, so I would just uninstall them or, depending on which plugin you have installed, change the settings to a lower profile setting.[/quote]

The reason I deduced this was an issue on Linux is because, as a new user, I am working with a base install on both my Ubuntu box as well as my Macbook. I did not install any plugins aside from Package Control and the Git package - are either of those bracket plugins enabled by default?

I’ll investigate further, but thanks for your input.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I guess I did install BracketHighlighter. Noob moment. Thanks for forcing my brain into action

0 Likes