Sublime Forum

Soda Theme Updated (Soda Theme 2)

UPDATE:
Nevermind, found out that I had to set “highlight_modified_tabs” to true.

Original:
Great work! It looks like the blue dot that signifies a file has unsaved changes has gone away in this version. Was that intentional? While I didn’t like the look of the blue dot it was good to have a way of knowing if a file had been modified.

0 Likes

[quote=“stofte”]Just for reference :wink:

Ouch, looking at XP’s outer surrounding chrome I can feel your pain :wink: I’ve pushed an update that allows toggling the tab style to a varient of the original tabs using “soda_classic_tabs: true” in your user settings. Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Nice work Ian! 2201 will be out soon with high dpi support, so if you’re in the midst of making images, you may want to do them at 2x resolution (saving the high res versions as foo@2x.png if the normal res version is foo.png), so it’ll look a bit nicer on high res displays.

0 Likes

Any chance to get an update for dark version anytime soon? I really like the square tabs & dark things :smile:

I think you will make a lot of fan boys very, very happy!

0 Likes

Chomping at the bit for the Dark version. :smile:

0 Likes

Is the dark theme with square tab planned ?

Thanks for your work

0 Likes

Oooh… This is really nice! Great job.

I actually like everything about the new version, even the dirty file indicator.

0 Likes

Why does the dark theme not have the new “square” tabs?

0 Likes

Read the beginning of the thread. It’s coming, just not finished yet.

0 Likes

Updated to the latest version (through Package Control).
Love the new ‘modified’ tab indicator (the blue dot)! It was very hard to see before.
But my active/highlighted tabs look strange now. I am on Win7, Build 2203.

With the classic tabs:

…and with the original:

Any idea?
Thank you!

0 Likes

Quick update: I replaced ‘tab-*.png’ images with the old versions and tabs are back to normal.

0 Likes

Dying for the dark V2 version! I know you probably hate such a question, but do you have an ETA?

If anyone is interested, this is what I’ve done to my Soda V1 interface. I made custom tabs, a custom dirty indicator, the red dot, and a few other bits on a modified Twilight theme…

http://www.resdivina.com/img/soda-dark-phoenix.png

0 Likes

[quote=“Fatbat”]Dying for the dark V2 version! I know you probably hate such a question, but do you have an ETA?

If anyone is interested, this is what I’ve done to my Soda V1 interface. I made custom tabs, a custom dirty indicator, the red dot, and a few other bits on a modified Twilight theme…

http://www.resdivina.com/img/soda-dark-phoenix.png[/quote]

Wow – that is SEX-Y! How does one go about busting that out?

0 Likes

Love the new tabs.

0 Likes

Waiting for Soda Dark v2 too :wink:

Great work happening here!

0 Likes

It’s pretty straight forward. You mod a few of the tabs parts in the Soda theme. Here they are. I included some PSDs too in case you want to make the red stripe another colour, orange or blue perhaps. You could modify more parts than this, customize the soda icons further, etc.

http://www.resdivina.com/img/soda-dark.rar

Here is the modified Twilight theme. I’ve called it “Phoenix”.

http://www.resdivina.com/img/phoenix-theme.rar

And you add this to your User Prefs…

{
	"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
	"auto_complete_with_fields": true,
	"bold_folder_labels": true,
	"caret_style": "phase",
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Phoenix.tmTheme",
	"dictionary": "Packages/Language - English/en_GB.dic",
	"draw_white_space": "all",
	"font_face": "Consolas",
	"font_size": 11,
	"highlight_line": true,
	"highlight_modified_tabs": true,
	"indent_guide_options":

"draw_normal",
		"draw_active"
	],
	"overlay_scroll_bars": "enabled",
	"scroll_speed": 0.5,
	"shift_tab_unindent": true,
	"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme",
	"trim_trailing_white_space_on_save": true,
	"word_wrap": true
}

That’s it. I would like to figure out how to mod the folder icons in the sidebar and add icons for different file types. If anyone has advice on how to do this, that would be great.

Also, the folder titles don’t bold like they should in the new version.

0 Likes

So I’m guessing the Soda Dark theme went 2.0 this morning, as when I opened up sublime my tabs went a little crazy; restarted and damn man, they look awesome on Soda Dark. Don’t know why everyone is craving the Chromium tabs as I love what you’ve done with the new ones.

0 Likes

+1 +1 +1

Looks DAMN good! :open_mouth:

0 Likes

Looks great! :smile:

0 Likes

Please add this:

"soda_classic_tabs": true,

I’m waste many time to understand, why my tabs have terrible look)

And thx for cool theme)

0 Likes