Sublime Forum

Snippets stoped working over night

I am trying to teach myself how to code and i heard from a friend that sublime text was the way to go because it had snippets which are kind of like shortcuts. So I started with html and though that it was really cool that you could just write html and press tab but over night it stopped working for some reason. I looked on forums and could not find anything other than download emmet which i did with the help from a youtube video but nothing happened I also un installed and re installed it but that didnt work either any help would be awesome and sorry for my bad English its not my native language

0 Likes

Im on PC by the way

0 Likes

Snippets are generally sensitive to the language that you use them in; for example HTML based snippets only apply to HTML files. One of the more common reasons for snippets not seeming to work is that Sublime doesn’t know yet that the file is a certain type. See the following post for more details:

0 Likes

Haha i feel dumb now, thank you i really appreciate it

1 Like

I have a index.html file loaded but still emmet doesn’t work anymore. I had to install the portable Sublime for it to work at first but now I can’t uninstall and redo it. any help?

0 Likes

I’ve never used Emmet so I can’t help with that, unfortunately. I do know that it doesn’t play nice with other packages in general, so it’s not unsurprising that if you have Emmet installed, regular snippets don’t work.

1 Like

I feel like I should just rewrite all of the useful parts of Emmet, minus the mess, but I also feel that it probably wouldn’t help because everyone just installs stuff they see on YouTube or a blog.

1 Like