Sublime Forum

Snippet error with certain scopes: LaTeX, plain text

Greetings!

Thank you for ST4. The issue here is a better diagnosis of a previous thread:

When several snippets have been given the same trigger, upon triggering ST3 would pop-up a menu, showing each accompanied by a description, allowing you to choose which you’d like.

The more specific diagnosis is then that I believe ST4 will only do this when working in certain syntaxes. For example, I’m seeing this menu in Java and Matlab, but I don’t get it for LaTeX or Plain Text. With these latter two, one snippet from the group is chosen automatically and that’s it (I believe it’s the last, according to alphabetical file name).

This is for snippets sourced specifically to these syntaxes, as well as snippets that were sourced to all (i.e. no source defined).

And this happens upon a brand new clean install, with empty packages and user folders, as well as in safe mode.

If it’s worth it and ya got time, I’d appreciate ya lookin into it. Take care, and thank you again- ST4 is excellent. That new adaptive theme seems just so calming and awesome beyond what it’s doing (there’s gotta be something psychological there) - I appreciate it.

Cheers!

0 Likes

If this also happens in safe mode, it may be worth raising an issue on the tracker as there may be some sort of edge case (though if to get support for a language you need to install a package in Safe Mode, that may still point to the package being the issue).

In any case, Help > Report a bug will take you to the correct place to log an issue where the devs can assess it; errors reported on the forum tend to get lost amongst the other conversations that happen here.

0 Likes

Bug reported, thank you ODN

0 Likes