Sublime Forum

Small Improvements Big Quality of Life

I’ve been using Sublime Merge since Oct 2018. I love the app, but I could use these few small improvements.

I work in game development so I deal with a lot of large files. Some are binary and some are generated from an external cloud source (localization spreadsheets, item database, ect…). The following could help everyone out quite a bit.

1. Resolve should have a dropdown next to the button with Resolve Using Theirs and Resolve Using Mine. Forcing the user to always open the text resolve window isn’t always ideal. Especially when the files are huge or binary.
  2. Open Terminal / Cmd Prompt at the Repo. This is a no brainer and in every other git client.
  3. Browse to File. Anywhere there is a filename you should be able to right click and browse to it in the OS.
  4. Expand/Collapse and Working Directory views should be sticky between sessions. I tend to modify 50-100 files at once. Having Working Directory expand everytime a new file is listed is slowing me down.

Thanks for taking feedback!

6 Likes

Hi @monsterblues,

Thank you for your feedback - we love feedback like this!
We’re always looking to improve Sublime Merge, and you’ve mentioned some great additions here.

Keep an eye out on the change logs in the future :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
- Dylan

3 Likes

Hi Dylan, thanks for being open to feedback!

0 Likes

Regarding 1, the original request for accept theirs/mine is here, but there was also an comment on #24 request that might need to be pulled out into it’s own enhancement request (create one here).

Existing enhancement request for 2 & 3 with some workarounds:

As far as I know, there is no enhancement request for #4, feel free to create one

1 Like

For your point 2, as a workaround, I use autohotkey to scrape the path to the repo from the window title of WinMerge and run git bash at this path. Not ideal but works fine. Definitely something to add to the application!

0 Likes

#4 is done for the next release, for reference

2 Likes