Sublime Forum

Small bugs

Hi

There are list of small bugs…

The first is related to code created by New Snippet option:

<!-- See http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/snippets for more information --> <snippet> <content><![CDATA[Type your snippet here]]></contents> </snippet>

should be changed to .

The second is related to Preference - Browse Packages option.
Despite the system settings always Windows Explorer is opened with list of packages.
If you use another environment e.g. Directory Opus it should be used instead.
Registry settings should be taken into consideration.

regards
Artur

0 Likes

Thanks for the heads up re: new snippet.

re: Browse Packages, I won’t do anything about this immediately, but after the next stable version is out, I’ll take a look at alternatives. If there’s a reasonable option that works and doesn’t require special casing for every possible explorer replacement, I’ll implement it. Just calling ShellExecute with the directory name may well be enough (currently explorer.exe is explicitly started with a call to CreateProcess).

0 Likes

I think that ShellExecute should be enough because it use information from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Folder/shell subkey.

0 Likes

I have noticed a small problem with centred text and word wrapping.

When word wrapping is turned off and there are long lines, the scrollbar does not allow you to scroll to the end of the lines.

I suppose what’s happening is this; the text is being draw indented by, say, 150px. The scrollbar doesn’t take this 150px into account, so that you lose the last 150px of your lines.

Steve

0 Likes

I’m also getting problems when I hit backspace and there is a lot of whitespace left of the point.

TO REPRODUCE:

1. Start a new text file. Save as .txt
  2. hit space n times, where n is the tab stop size. In my case, that’s 2.
  3. hit backspace

EXPECTED RESULT;

The backspace deletes a space, leaving n-1 spaces.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The backspace deletes n spaces.

0 Likes

I agree with browseURL functionality, at the least it should allow you to define the path of your file manager in the option :smile:
If the thing is empty, just open explorer, if not the one specified in the option. which should point to the file [with some params?]
something like:

systemFileManager = "C:\totalcmd\totalcmd.exe /O /T"
0 Likes

[quote=“SteveCooperOrg”]I have noticed a small problem with centred text and word wrapping.

When word wrapping is turned off and there are long lines, the scrollbar does not allow you to scroll to the end of the lines.

I suppose what’s happening is this; the text is being draw indented by, say, 150px. The scrollbar doesn’t take this 150px into account, so that you lose the last 150px of your lines.

Steve[/quote]

i encountered it too, but couldn’t put my hand on why it happen…

0 Likes

[quote=“SteveCooperOrg”]I’m also getting problems when I hit backspace and there is a lot of whitespace left of the point.

TO REPRODUCE:

1. Start a new text file. Save as .txt
  2. hit space n times, where n is the tab stop size. In my case, that’s 2.
  3. hit backspace

EXPECTED RESULT;

The backspace deletes a space, leaving n-1 spaces.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The backspace deletes n spaces.[/quote]

This is by design: When spaces are being used for indentation, pressing backspace will delete spaces to the next tab stop on the left. This helps when the desire is to remove a level of indentation, as is common when editing python code, for example.

I can understand that this hurts in some situations, such as when trying to line things up vertically, but I believe it’s a win overall.

0 Likes

I see the rationale for it, but I’d really appreciate an option to disable it. For me, down in the level of my fingers, ‘backspace’ means remove exactly one character. It means ‘back a space.’ That’s built-in on a nervous level.

What I’d rather see in python mode (or really anything with blocks) is preceding whitespace designated as ‘words’ for the delete word command (ctrl+back). So that lines are interpreted like this;

def myfunc§:
for x in range(1,3):
if p > 4:
print “hello, world!”
return p

So that if my cursor is just before the print statement, ctrl+back deletes the whitespace token, then , then . I think this is how the python lexer works – it inserts these whitespace tokens so that the parser understands the indentation involved.

Now that may not be where you want to go, but I’d really like an option for backspace to be delete-one-character, and ctrl+backspace to do the tabbed deletion that is there by default on backspace.

0 Likes

[quote=“SteveCooperOrg”]

I see the rationale for it, but I’d really appreciate an option to disable it. For me, down in the level of my fingers, ‘backspace’ means remove exactly one character. It means ‘back a space.’ That’s built-in on a nervous level.

What I’d rather see in python mode (or really anything with blocks) is preceding whitespace designated as ‘words’ for the delete word command (ctrl+back). So that lines are interpreted like this;

def myfunc§:
for x in range(1,3):
if p > 4:
print “hello, world!”
return p

So that if my cursor is just before the print statement, ctrl+back deletes the whitespace token, then , then . I think this is how the python lexer works – it inserts these whitespace tokens so that the parser understands the indentation involved.

Now that may not be where you want to go, but I’d really like an option for backspace to be delete-one-character, and ctrl+backspace to do the tabbed deletion that is there by default on backspace.[/quote]

You can always do a plugin for that :smile:

I am with you on this one, sometimes leftDeleteCharacters erases too much specially with ctrl+backspace which uses the “delete word left” macro.
Really I think some people like Jon said might find that suitable for them but for me, I rather have:

ctrl+backspace = delete by characters class, if it’s whitespace, erase whitespace, if it’s words, erase words, etc…
backspace = one character erase
shift+backspace = default sublime behavior which deletes tab (space) indents

of course same applies for delete, just in opposite direction…

the first 2 solutions are all possible with plugins, the other one is there by default… so I am a happy camper :smiley:

See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158#p843

0 Likes

There’s a new command in 20090620, ‘leftDeleteCharactersSingle’, that will only ever delete a single space character at a time.

The behaviour of Ctrl+Backspace and Ctrl+Delete has also been tweaked.

0 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a bug or I’m not doing things correctly. But while working with projects, when I create new files in the project, the new files in the directory structure don’t become part of the list in CTRL+P. What I do is close the project (just the project, not the files/tabs) and reopen the project, to get the updated list of files.

Am I missing a toggle somewhere or a setting?

0 Likes

You’re not missing anything, that’s still on the todo list.

0 Likes

@jps

thank you for the info.

@sublimator

thanks for the workaround. works great! :smile:

0 Likes