Sublime Forum

Slows down after a while, fine again on restarting

Running Build 4113 on a Mac, but this has occurred in previous versions.

After working away happily for a while I sometimes find (after perhaps days) that I get a sudden slowdown in response - a marked lag while typing. The lag might be nearly a second - a lot while you’re typing and editing. The only way I’ve found to fix this is to quit Sublime then immediately restart it, which leaves me nicely editing exactly as I was before only without the lag.

Since this doesn’t happen every day and the remedy is swift, this isn’t too awful unless it crosses with another bug whereby the re-started window appears off the screen - but that’s another problem… :slight_smile:

Does anyone else have the above (sudden slowdown) problem and is it something I’m doing?

Thanks all

Rog

0 Likes

Sublime 4: scrolling not smooth

There are some performance issues in 4113 that are fixed in the latest development build. We’re looking to put out a stable build soon with those fixes.

1 Like

@rogerjane This may be related to this topic?
Anyway, I’m having the same problem on 4121 running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

0 Likes

Build 4126 on Windows 10.

Running into the problem described by op. I may have Sublime open for hours if not a day and at some point it just slows down to a crawl. I type a row of code, nothing happens, and then it all appears seconds later. This behavior continues until I restart Sublime, which immediately fixes it.

Even though it’s an easy fix, I’m quite annoyed by this considering I waited forever before updating to Sublime 4 (+ paying) and yet I’m still immediately facing an issue I never had before using Sublime 3 for years.

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode? I’ve had ST open for weeks and don’t see anything like that.

0 Likes