Sublime Forum

Slow save of CSS file

Hi!

So I’ve been trying out Sublime text 2 and have gotten to like it. I was going to purchase a licence once I finished my current project and got paid for it. :smile: I noticed a few days ago that when saving my CSS file that I’m working on (currently around 25k, 1000 lines including LOTS of skipped lines while I organize it), it takes a few seconds (sometimes around 5 seconds even!) for it to actually “save”, whereas in my php files (much smaller, admittedly), the save is instantaneous. I thought maybe it was because of the new version (I now have v.2 , build 2210) implementing a different nagging technique to get me to purchase a licence, so I went ahead and purchased, entered my code, but… I still get an annoying delay when saving my CSS file (and only that file, as far as I can tell!).

What can we do to trouble-shoot this? It’s really annoying! :smile:

I’m on a Win7 64-bit machine (getting my Macbook Pro Retina soon, yoohoo!)

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes

I can confirm that I am having the same problem.

Seems like a critical bug, really needs to be fixed…

0 Likes

Phew, so it’s not just me!! I thought maybe it was ST2’s way of scolding me for my long and unoptimzied CSS file! It’s a work in progress, it’ll be cleaned up, I swear!! :smile:

So… any chance of us helping out in troubleshooting this? What do we need to do?

0 Likes

Does following these instructions change anything? sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

Yup, seemed to have fixed it. Ok, now what can I do to narrow down the culprit? I don’t want to have to manually restore all my settings, packages etc and find that I end up having the same problem…

:question:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Having this issue, myself. I tried disabling several of the recently installed plugins. Has anyone had any luck tracking down which plugin or setting is triggering this.

I am only seeing this occur on one specific CSS file, not all of them.

0 Likes

My issue was Javascript Enhancements plugin: seems weird since the problem was in a css file (.scss in my case), but removing multiple plugins one by one, this one immediately fixed it - was also seen in Tools -> Developer -> Profile Plugins under “on_modified” not on “on_post_save” and times were up to 8 seconds!!

0 Likes