Sublime Forum

Sidebar not showing folder structure

SideBar is not showing folder tree and nested items like it did before I formatted. I’ve set it up exactly the way I had it prior. It used to work like if i opened index.html it would show… for example:

Test css main.css img header.jpg footer.jpg contact.php index.html

But now all it shows is “OPEN FILES” and one by one the files I open with none of its containing folders.
even if i open multiple files it doesnt show folders

I just tried with my backed up .zip of my previous portable setup and its doing the same thing now. so I must be missing something that I did before…

0 Likes

You need to actually drag & drop the whole folder into the editor, not only one file :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I gotta do that now. But I swear when I had it installed before I only had to open 1 file and it’d show other content in the same folder and its children :open_mouth:

0 Likes

I’m pretty sure you didn’t :smile:

Most likely you had the folder opened and “remember_open_files” set to true (default). Every time you opened a file inside of that folder, would open the folder as well.

If you have multiple folders like this and you want to quickly be able to switch between them, you may want to read more about projects (and try as well!). Couple of resources:

sublime-text-unofficial-document … l#projects
courses.tutsplus.com/courses/pe … t-projects

0 Likes

I can duplicate something like this using sublime text 3, build 3059. If I don’t have the Show Open Files option checked, the folders display as you would expect when I have multiple projects open. If I do have the Show Open Files option checked, and open a second project, the sidebar folders do not display correctly. Only happens if I have two projects open and the Show Open Files checked.

Will–

0 Likes

This is incredibly frusterating. Something so simple does not work anymore.

I used to be able to do “sublime .” to open up the current directory and had the folder in the side view.

Now the side bar doesnt come up by default. I tried reverting to a “fresh install” but the same thing is there, so this has nothing to do with the data. And if you launch sublime from command line, there is no drag and drop needed.

This is definitely a bug from somewhere.

I did install Pretty Json, and also added sublime as my git commit message editor, but none of this stuff should actually impact the ability to open a directory with sublime and have it in the sidebar.

0 Likes

figured it out,

I tried to launch it from a local TMUX session and it didnt work. When launched from zsh, it worked.

Not sure why tmu screws up the parameter.

0 Likes

AAAAHHHHH!!! Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes

Finally, I got the right answer :grinning:

0 Likes