Sublime Forum

Sidebar File icons

Hi Everyone,

I’m busy converting City Lights UI/Syntax/Icon theme to sublime.
The problem I’m facing is that the file icon support is very limited by default. I’m currently tinkering with ‘A File Icon’.

The problem I’m facing there is that if I don’t have an icon for a specific file type it’ll replace it with the default one which has a totally different style. I want this to be my own ‘default’ icon. I’m kind of stuck here because of the limited documentation on ‘a file icon’.

Are you guys familiar with adding custom file icons to themes and can someone here help me?
It would be highly appreciated!

1 Like

Name the icon you want to have as your default like this.

file_type_default@3x.png

file_type_default@2x.png

file_type_default.png
1 Like

Hi @devcarlos,

Thank you for the quick response! I already have a file_icon_default.png in my icons directory.
I know have another issue that it won’t grab my icons for some file types like cpp + csharp (open link for img)

1 Like

What theme are you editing?

0 Likes

As seen in the main topic, i’m building the city lights atom/vscode theme for sublime.

0 Likes

I believe @devcarlos said to use file_type_default.png. file_icon_default.png is not the same filename, so it won’t be used.

1 Like

Hi @wbond,

This is very true, haha my mistake. It was a typo too…
The filename already is file_type_default.png

0 Likes

If you publish the files somewhere, you might have a better chance in getting help. Right now we are working off of a screenshot of something and a few sentences saying that it isn’t working.

From your comments about different style icons, it sounds as if you are trying to use an existing theme as your basis and not fully understanding how the existing theme is working.

If you haven’t already seen it, http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/themes.html has quite of bit of information that may help in the process of learning how to create a theme.

0 Likes