Sublime Forum

Side bar navigation not consistent across across runs

I suspect there is a bug in the side bar navigation.

When working on a large project, sometimes I need to navigate between adjacent files.

I’m a keyboard user, and this is in theory supported, with the following workflow:

1. work on a certain file
  2. reveal in side bar (I’ve have a key binding for this)
  3. switch focus to sidebar (standard binding: Ctrl+0)
  4. navigate to the adjacent file(s) (via arrows)

The issue is that at point 4., as soon as I type arrow, the cursor moves to the top list of files (“open files”), which makes moving to the desired file inconvenient (as the project is large).

I suspect that this is a bug, because this behavior is not always consistent; sometimes, the cursor moves from the revealed file. I can’t pinpoint exactly what causes that, since just a few minutes ago, with the same file, both behaviors occurred withing subsequent attempts.

0 Likes

which build of ST are you using? if 3143, maybe you are running into this bug:

otherwise, maybe related:

0 Likes

I think this is different. Definitely not the first, as the problem remains as of build 3156 (I have a license).

To be clearer, I’ll describe the workflow more precisely.

Suppose there is a folder with three adjacent files (in lexicographic order), in a large project.

1. open and work on the first file
  2. reveal in side bar (I use a key binding for this)
  3. switch focus to sidebar (standard binding: Ctrl+0)
  4. click arrow down; the side bar cursor should now move to the second file (in other words, the cursor should stay and move within the “FOLDERS” section, not jump to “OPEN FILES”).

The issue is that the arrow will instead jump to the top of the sidebar (“OPEN FILES” section). This is really annoying, and I suspect is a bug because the behavior is not consistent - sometimes, arrow down/up does open the second file (in other words, the cursor stays in the “FOLDERS” section).

0 Likes