Sublime Forum

Side bar has no file tree

Hi, I can’t get my Ruby on Rails files to show up in the folder tree in windows. And I can’t create a new file like new.html.erb in the tree. I’m working from the “Rails guide” lesson if you can help I would be very thankful.

0 Likes

Have you opened a folder in Sublime Text? Without doing so you won’t get a side-bar.

0 Likes

Hi, I’m not sure what you mean by opening a folder in sublime text, but I open a folder in the file menu option “open file.” do you suggest that I buy the $80 deal. I’m not sure if that will open the file tree where i can work from building a ruby on rails blog. I’m using sublime as a text editor for rails. by the way i get the files but I don’t get the folder file tree on the left under the file menu icon. Any help would be appreciate and I thank you for helping me and your reply is helpful.

0 Likes

Sublime Text requires you to specify which folder to open/show in the side-bar. If you use the menu Project > Add Folder to Project or File > Open Folder it will open the selected folder in the side-bar.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you it works so far.

0 Likes